Monday, August 30, 2010

7 Month Ultrasound

Today we went in for the last, we hope, ultrasound for Sugar. The next one (not scheduled) would be during week 41...Um. I don't think so!!

I don't have a scanner, so I can't show you the picture yet, but you're not missing much. Sugar is in the head down position (that's good, but not definitive yet), so it wasn't easy to get a close-up of her face (as it was, the doctor was pushing down really hard on my pubic bone just to get the measurement of the cranium), plus she was moving a lot (hyper like her parents, perhaps?). She is definitely a thumb sucker, by the way, and you could see her lips moving up and down, it was too cute.

She seems to have settled into her nose now, which makes me think that maybe it's actually MY schnoz, and NOT Cristian's... also, there is an overbite there (another generation of braces?!UGH!).

The good news is the FEMUR!! Long and in the gazillionth percentile (really, those other measurements, head, bladder, abdomen etc. totally overrated. Everyone knows it's the long femurs that bring home the bacon)! The doctor said she had "BEAUTIFUL LEGS" (definitely mine).

All in all, Sugar is growing normally. Although we don't understand the little graphs and percentages they print up and give us, we trust what the doctor said (especially the beautiful legs part!!) and are cool with that.

Also, the doctor today said that she could see the gender but did her best to hide it from us. To me, this means that it is definitely a boy. To Cristian this means that it is definitely a girl.

We go to our regular doctor next Tuesday. He will explain the blood test results that I got back today. I have no idea what the hell they mean, except that I still don't have toxoplasmosis (which is good, but if I get pregnant again, let's hope I've had it in the interim).

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What great news!!!! Sugar is actually a tiny person and Grandma Mag wants really bad to win the bet! Can we try for Oct. 15, the date I picked?????
    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still have to come up with a prize. A couple people wanted to withdraw when I suggested 6 months of babysitting (nights only).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't we ready for another picture of the mommy?

    ReplyDelete