Tuesday, November 2, 2010

If nothing by Monday they'll induce

Which seems fair. That would be 2 weeks after due date. I may be a little over being pregnant, but being induced is not something I would particularly opt to be, given the  choice.

I guess everything else is fine, though. I have the blood pressure of a ninja.

Today I had an ultrasound (not satisfying. I couldn't recognize anything, as usual). The doctor said Sugar's head is already in position, which means its dropped in the last couple of days (probably when I started feeling crappy and not wanting to move anymore on Saturday. I could feel that head fall directly onto my bladder). My belly is still "high" though, if you look at it. So I guess that's part myth. Will let you know if it drops, too.

They monitored for contractions and baby heartbeat. All okay.

I have to go in on Thursday for another visit and then again on Saturday. On Monday they will keep me and induce if nothing happens before that.

The doctor did a little visit that about sent me through the roof (messing with my membranes!! OUCH!) and said that at least I'm not completely closed. Let's hope that the contractions I had all afternoon because of that visit will get me even closer.

I got home and slept all afternoon.

That's it for now!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. We are all on pins and needles...every email, phone call, text...
    The inducing is not so bad. At least, you get things going.
    Keep us posted. Lovies, Mag

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there, thinking of you. hope things are going well. keep us posted, we're on the edge of our seats!!
    big hug

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops, did we all forget to tell you about the internal exam? oops. I mean-ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meh. Internal exam? By the time that happens, you won't care. And modesty? Screw it. You'll be done with that after labor!

    (Seriously, Kari. Don't be worried. You're built to do this. And the "prize" at the end of the process is well worth it.)

    ReplyDelete