Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Today I go in again for monitoring

My appointment is at 11:30 but we have some errands to run downtown, so we'll do those first. I'm feeling a little more upbeat since there are finally some signs that Sugar is preparing for his/her debut (I'm not supposed to share these with the blogosphere as they refer to bodily functions and organic material that is seriously NASTY but when its yours is BEAUTIFUL. I'll just wait until YOU'RE pregnant and tell you all about it, okay?).

Monitoring today should be a simple affair of putting me on a bed next to another overdue whale and strapping me up to the monitoring machine for about an hour. I have to remember to dress like an onion since I about poached in there last time...

I know you're tired of my complaining (but then again, what the hell are blogs for??), but I just have to mention that  it's nearly impossible to read while you're being monitored because the whale on the next bed wants to chat and because you have a gameshow buzzer in your hand that you're supposed to click when you feel the baby moving. So no knitting either. You're stuck there. Just you, the other belly, your own belly, some small talk and your thoughts. BORING!

I have to go in for monitoring again on Saturday. Good thing I live like five minutes from the hospital. I could walk there for delivery (Sweetie wouldn't mind, then he wouldn't have to try to find parking, which is IMPOSSIBLE).

Enjoy your Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment