Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Who said you don't get sick after the first tri?

After yesterday's bout with Triestino Cole Slaw* (I lost), I am now officially -1.5 kilos. Good news, perhaps, but not pleasant getting there. 

Apparently Sugar isn't into raw rgarlic (cooked in sauces and things seems to be ok).  I think they got the petrie dishes mixed up at the hospital. Doesn't sound like any kid of mine!

Then again, a girl I know who drinks about a million cups of coffee per day went 9 months without being able to drink it, and another friend of mine's sister couldn't touch chocolate (her favorite) the entire time either. So maybe the wee one just takes what you like and says "you CAN eat this, but I won't let you!!!" Fetus rebellion. 

Good news for the diet, though. Yesterday I tried sugarless icecream that's made without milk. At that point I decided to have two scoops (hell yeah!): chocolate and vanilla, and it was SUPER GOOD. Sweetie thought it was so-so, but that was because he had real vanilla with Nutella swirls to compare it with immediately before and after. So his opinion doesn't count... 

*cabbage, beans, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, and raw garlic

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Sugar continues to make his/herself known via fetus food rebellion. I don't recall FFR so much as not being able to get enough of WAFFLES! Go figure. I also did cut caffeine totally (this seems to be the big American no-no), except for a rebellious moment when I got a peppermint latte at Starbucks. Not a small one....a big one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our doctor thinks Americans are crazy on the coffee thing. He says the first thing they do with preemies is give them caffeine. That being said, I tend to stay away from it (you can take the American out of America...).

    ReplyDelete