Thursday, May 20, 2010

Can you BELIEVE this?!

So, last Friday, a very nice American friend named Rachel came into the Italian American Association and left me an IKEA bag FULL of maternity clothes, videos and the like. Denise put them in the backroom (where we put everything that gets left for one of us, just so it's not out in the open). So I go in Saturday morning because Denise told me it was waiting for me (and Rachel told me ahead of time that she was dropping them off and asked me to kindly put them aside for her when I'm done because she may need them again in the future...). Funny thing. NO BAG. 

Now who would take a bag of MATERNITY CLOTHES?? Keep in mind that nothing EVER gets stolen from our Association (touch wood), so this was very strange indeed. The backroom did look overly tidy, though, so I thought that perhaps our cleaning woman had been in that morning. 

Sunday passes, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday comes along and we get the full scoop on the maternity clothes. It turns out that the cleaning woman was cleaning in there on Saturday (probably minutes before I got there) when a woman from the Lyons club (they sub-rent an office from us) asked her if there were "any more  bags in the back room" (why we would have their bags in our backroom has still not been explained) for their giant rummage sale on Sunday morning. You can see where this is going... 

"Ah, yep, here's one more... " and with that the bag of maternity clothes was handed over to the Lyons, who swiftly unpacked it (we did find the IKEA bag in their office), tagged it, AND SOLD IT at their rummage sale. 

Well. at least the money is going to charity, I supposed. But it still annoys the bejeezus out of me. 

2 comments:

  1. ahhhhhhhhhhh hahahahhaa
    ah hahhahahahahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. so frustrating! i wish I had my mat clothes here to give you. they are rotting away in montreal. what a total bummer...

    ReplyDelete