Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Belly Update

No one is telling me how "small" my belly is anymore. At 37 weeks I have BALLOONED OUT. Old Triestine ladies get up and give me their seat on the bus now (and anyone who lives in Trieste knows that old ladies do not part with their seats easily-- they're more likely to make a person with crutches and a cast get up for them and surrender their seat). People are saying things to me like "ah. Still pregnant!" and the likes even though I'm still a good 3 weeks shy of my due date.

Sleeping is not so bad anymore, at least the belly is no longer an issue, as it rests its weight on the mattress now rather than being suspended like a dead weight requiring pillows under it. Turning from one side to another is a collossal task (just ask Sweetie). There is no delicate way to do it anymore.

Other than my cold, which keeps me awake at night now, all else is fine. I'm feeling weaker as far as my physical structure goes. I only take the dog out in the first half of the day now because by late afternoon I've had it.

I'm working normally and feeling generally upbeat. Not psychologically ready for the actual baby, but getting closer. The house is definitely not ready either but we have a plan for the weekend.

That's where we're at.

7 comments:

  1. The last few weeks are difficult, Sweetie! It's tiring being pregnant -- don't worry, you're right were you should be, physically. And if any old ladies won't give up their seat, just sit on 'em. That'll teach 'em a lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blogs are just great...and perfect for those of us who 'have been there' and 'feel your pain!'
    You have earned the right to just chill out and relax.
    Enjoy the last days and keep that wonderful, positive attitude!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always loved, "Wow, when ARE you due?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. @maggieg I guess I should make plans to chill but instead I keep taking on new work to keep me busy and so that I can take it easy post- sugar...@badhippie I never thought about sitting on them, but now that my weight has gone up some more, I think it's a great idea!! @JenniferS. Nobody has told me I look ready to pop yet, but I'm sure they would if they knew the expression.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, Italian Americans....how much is a kilo?
    I know I will get a middle-of-the-night call when Sugar arrives.
    The weight will be in kilos!
    I'm a 'pounds and ounces' kind of gal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i do notice that as the closer we get, the more votes land in the BOY column....

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're going to have to talk to your son-in-law about the weights and measures issue... but really, mom, isn't there some kind of iphone ap for that??

    ReplyDelete