Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Good Ole American Baby Shower

Denise planned a very nice shower for me and for Raquel last night. There was a group of four American girls, one Canadian (Yukon territory no less!) and an Aussie. We went out for "American" at this place owned by a guy named Marino who lived in New York for a few years and here's what he brought back with him for our menu.

Starter: 
Cole slaw
Shrimp Coctail

Salad:
Cob salad with some kind of ranch dressing and 5 (I'm not kidding) pieces of bacon on top

Entrée:
Kentucky Fried Chicken (his name for it, and it was close!)
4 potato wedges fried in something like shake-n-bake

Dessert:
Bananas Foster 

It was a great dinner, really. I would have eaten a whole bucket of the chicken if there were one. Instead I ate the two pieces on my plates. As far as tastes, tops, but as far as portions: definitely Italian. I couldn't believe how good the cole slaw was. Now that I know you can make it anywhere outside the States, I'm going to have to try. Anyone got a good recipe? Please don't include the ingredient "Buy a bag of already cut slaw". 

It was nice hanging out with the girls. I never imagined I would have any kind of shower in my life except for the kind I have at my house every morning when I get my hair wet, so THANK YOU DENISE and GIRLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment